Thursday, April 9, 2009

Patch 3.1 Complete Paladin Talents Review Part 1

**Edit - Thank you for your suggestion on MainTankadin Forums. I hope this is easier to read and follow now.

I am going to be embarking on a journey to review every single paladin talent in patch 3.1

But wait, while many of other bloggers in the past have done something similar, they only focus on what is good for prot.

In addition, many veteran paladins are only interested in changes in 3.1.
For those, I recommend reading this - The Light and How to Swing It: Patch 3.1 and you


Well, being the nice guy (and the paladin lead for my guild), I am going to rank each talent's usefulness in the following matter

PVE
Healing
PVP
Healing
PVE Main
Tanking
PVE Off
Tanking
PVE
DPS
PVP
DPS

Each talent will be assigned 0 to 3 points.



0 Points and is not worth it


1 Point and could be useful.


2 Points which is recommend, but not yet core.


3 Points make it CORE for the Build

I know many people may agree or disagree, so that is what the comments are for and I will update the standings as I am convinced that they need to be changed.

Today, I only have time to cover one talent. So lets start with one from the prot tree.

Tier 1 Prot Talents

Divinity Ranks 1 to 5
Increases all healing done by you and all healing effects on you by 1% (2%, 3%, 4%, 5%).

Comments - This is an attempt for Blizzard to get Healers into the prot tree. It is the replacement Kings talent. It provides good healing boost to healers, but is not what I would call core for them. As for tanking, it will help if you have weak healers keeping you alive, so it is also not core for that. DPS don't even consider this. So here are my rankings:


PVE
Healing
PVP
Healing
PVE Main
Tanking
PVE Off
Tanking
PVE
DPS
PVP
DPS














Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment